Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Friends with talent: Gutkin & Queener.


Back in 2013, August 9 to be precise, "A friend of ours Kent and his lovely parents came to visit us this week. I was very happy to learn that Kent knits. I gave him some burgundy, white and blue wool and he is going to make me a pair of mittens and a pair of knee high socks. I can´t wait to see what he comes up with." 

Well, last week I finally received my not 1 but 2 pairs of socks and gloves not mittens. As you can imagine I was delighted, because never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined such wonderful things. I was particularly impressed with the patterns that Kent chose. The first pair of socks I have to admit are my favourite with the wavy design. The pattern is called Kalajoki and is inspired by a river in Finland. I love it. So clever.

This time Kent was accompanied by his lovely partner Yara and her lovely parents. All of them equally talented. But I leave you here with Yara Gutkin & Kent Queener, on the Piano. And as you will see Kent is not just a clever knitter. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment