Thursday, January 30, 2014

Looming to play.





I borrowed a loom today from the Spinners and Weavers Guild of NSW with all the accessories required to get weaving. All the staff at the Guild are just amazingly helpful and so friendly. I highly recommend anyone that has been thinking of learning how to spin or weave to pay them a visit. I get to use the loom for a whole month for only 10 dollars and I even got some wool for free. Can´t beat that. Now I have to learn how to set it up to weave a twill. Back to school for me.

I thought it was hilarious when my nephew saw the loom when he got home from school and asked with a very confused look on his face: "What is that? Is it a mouse trap?".

But not all is work. Sometimes we can have fun making sand cakes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment