Monday, July 1, 2013

David´s Link Jacket










David´s green woven wool jacket is finally finished. I will be sending it off to the Blue Mountains tomorrow. As soon as David gets it he will start designing the buttons and will make me some buttons for my jacket too. I am very excited. You may remember David Loong from an earlier post. He makes the most wonderful jewelry and had made me my beautiful fibula. This jacket is my way of saying thank you.

David asked for a green jacket. I was free to choose the wool and so I opted to make the jacket from different shades of green. At first I thought it was going to look like a Christmas tree but I am very pleased with the result.

I used all 100% portuguese wool. I have to thank my model André Neto for being so brave and wearing it for these photos today in full sun and temperatures averaging 35, real feel 40 degrees. In the Blue Mountains it is getting cold and so I am sure this garment will be very welcome. According to David, at the moment, the spinach in his garden is "like an amazing showpony variety from the front of a posh cookbook", perhaps when they come around to take those photos David can wear his matching jacket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment